Saturday, June 14, 2014

Young Eagle Flights

Today at the little local airport they were giving Young Eagle Flights.  Have you heard of these?  I think they do them nationwide and if you have children, you should find out when they are offered.  Local small plane personal pilots take children ages 7 to 17 for a 10 minute airplane ride for free!  When I say small planes, I mean they hold one to three people besides the pilot.  They are small privately owned planes, and these pilots do a great job giving the children a wonderful ride.  My oldest three children got to go for a ride, and they were so excited!  My kids saw our house, our church, a couple of lakes, the hospital where daddy works, and lots of trees!  They didn't all recognize each of these geographical markers, but they all had a wonderful time!

Making memories doesn't have to cost a lot of money, and this was a great memory that the children will be talking about for weeks to come.

On the decluttering front: I went through my closet yesterday and eliminated six paper grocery bags full of clothes.  They all fit me, but I just didn't need them all.  I chose mostly plain tops and a mixture of plain and printed skirts that I could make many different combinations with.  I did keep a couple tops that only go with one skirt, but it is one of my most comfortable and lovely skirts.  My closet feels so much cleaner and is easier to find what I want.  I still have all my favorite clothes.  Because I had been considering doing this for quite a while, I had a good idea of what type clothes I wanted to keep and what I was willing to part with, so it took me about 1/2 an hour to go through all of my clothes and get rid of that many items.  That was a pretty rewarding return for a small time investment.

And now that I have gotten started in my bedroom, I'm looking forward to keeping on going.  For some reason, our bedroom is the hardest room for me to declutter.  I think it is because I use it to organize schoolwork, go through paperwork and finances, read books, and hide clutter when visitors come, so EVERYTHING collects there.  I know that shouldn't be the case, but it is nonetheless.  My husband is no less guilty of collecting bedroom clutter than I am, so our room gets full quickly.  Hopefully, I can keep going now that I have some momentum started.

No comments:

Post a Comment