Monday, June 9, 2014

A day to relax

We had a very busy weekend with a pastoral candidate visiting our church.  One or more members of our family went to 11 different events at our church over the last four days.  Wow!  That makes me tired just writing it.  It was really fun and wasn't too overwhelming in actuality.  We knew the schedule for the weekend in advance and planned to not be able to do anything at home for the weekend.  Going in knowing that made it easier.

Another thing that helped a lot was that I wrote a detailed list for myself of what I had to do each day before and during the visit, and I stuck with that pretty carefully.  Because of that, I found myself very calm and able to relax and enjoy the time.  Which got me to thinking.  Why don't I plan my own time as carefully when I'm "just" working at home with housework and homeschooling?  I've tried, but I don't keep at it very long.  Why not?  I don't have an answer to that yet, but I'm working on it.  I think it might be because I think it will slow my creativity and "cramp" my style.  Maybe?  Or maybe I'm just too lazy to keep with it?  In any case, I'm going to try to do it again and see if I can stick with it.  I'll type up a schedule for the week today.

For the most part, today is going to be a day to relax and catch up from the busy weekend.  It is good to plan some time to relax; then you don't have to feel guilty about not accomplishing very much during that time.  My girls are going to go to a friend's church for VBS this week, and they are excited about it.  Other than our church, this VBS is one they go to almost every year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment