Monday, July 7, 2014

Weeding Rhythm

I'm getting into a weeding rhythm.  Almost every evening, I've been going out to the garden at 8:00 or so and weeding for 20-30 minutes.  The air is cooling off in the twilight and the garden is peaceful and quiet after a busy day.  It is a nice time to relax and pray.  I don't like weeding very well, but I think the main reason for that is that I've always tried to weed the whole garden all at once and spent several hours doing it.  It is much more enjoyable if I know that I can quit after a short time instead of trying to get every weed.

I haven't come anywhere near conquering the weeds, but there are parts of the garden that are getting neat and orderly looking.  Unfortunately, my beets, carrots, and onions don't seem to be doing much.  Maybe they just need a few more days.

I'm hoping to pick up some straw in the next few days to mulch the garden as I weed; when a section is well-weeded, I'll mulch that part to try to keep the weed growth down.  It will be interesting to see how well that will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment