Monday, July 14, 2014

Getting Ready for our Rummage Sale

I mentioned in a previous post that we are trying to declutter by preparing to have a rummage sale.  I'm working with my mom in doing this, as we are having the sale at her house.  Today, we worked all day to organize the books that we want to sell.

ALERT: Homeschoolers accumulate a LOT of books!

My dad is a retired schoolteacher.  My mom homeschooled me through from 3rd grade through high school.  I homeschool my four children.  We have a lot of books!  Mom and I both decided that we have too many books, so we have been going through them to pick out some to eliminate from our collection.  Here is where it gets interesting: last year we moved my Grandma (former schoolteacher) to an assisted living room.  In the process, we packed up hundreds of her books.  She will not be reading them, so we are adding them to our sale as well.  Three generations of books to organize for this rummage sale.

We are seriously considering changing it from a rummage sale to a book sale.  I'll keep you posted on what we decide to do.  Right now, I need to go organize some books! See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment